Wight hospital air error put patient ‘at risk of death’

09 April 2019 – BBC News

A hospital patient was put at risk of severe harm or death when they were connected to an airflow meter instead of oxygen.

The mistake happened as the patient was being moved between wards at St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight, last month, however, it was immediately corrected by another staff member and the patient was not harmed.

In the last five years, two people have died in similar incidents in England.

The mistake was classed as a “never event” – a serious, but entirely preventable incident that should never have happened.

Source

%d bloggers like this: